An invalid php path can cause a number of problems for your Omeka Classic installation. You need a valid php path to run plugins like CSV import and Neatline.
By default, Omeka Classic tries to autodetect the php path for your server. However, if you have turned on error messages and the message starts with a phrase such as
The configured PHP path (/bin/php) is invalid, then you need to set the path manually.
To set your php path you will need access to the server where your Omeka site lives; you set the path by editing files in the Omeka site. You cannot set the php path from the admin dashboard.
To set the php path
- Contact your hosting company or sysadmin and ask them for the correct php path for your Omeka Classic installation.
- NB: If you are using Reclaim Hosting, they have instructions in their documentation.
- Navigate to the files for your Omeka site, either using your hosting company's File Manager, an FTP client, or ssh.
- Open the directory
- Open the file
- Find the lines which look like this:
; If left blank, Omeka will try to autodetect the right path. Set this ; to override the autodetected PHP path. background.php.path = ""
- Edit the file so that the line now reads
background.php.path = "<php path>"where the
<php path>is the path provided by your hosting company or sysadmin.
- If you have downloaded the file in order to edit it, be sure to upload the changed version back to your Omeka installation.