An invalid php path can cause a number of problems for your Omeka Classic installation. You need a valid php path to run plugins like CSV import and Neatline.
By default, Omeka Classic tries to autodetect the php path for your server. However, if you have turned on error messages and the message starts with a phrase such as
The configured PHP path (/bin/php) is invalid, then you need to set the path manually.
To set your php path:
- Contact your hosting company or sysadmin and ask them for the correct php path for your Omeka Classic installation.
- NB: If you are using Reclaim Hosting, they have instructions in their documentation.
- Open the file
- Find the lines which look like this:
; If left blank, Omeka will try to autodetect the right path. Set this ; to override the autodetected PHP path. background.php.path = ""
- Edit the file so that the line now reads
background.php.path = "php path"where the
php pathis the path provided by your hosting company or sysadmin.
- If you have downloaded the file in order to edit it, be sure to upload the changed version back to your Omeka installation.