The Omeka Team offers fully managed, isolated hosting, which includes installation and updating of the core software and any themes or plugins developed by the Omeka Team, and direct technical support.
Suggestions from our users include:
- Reclaim Hosting - offers simple Omeka Classic and Omeka S installations with some steps (including manually setting the PHP path), and support for other open-source software platforms
- Dotblock - uses Softaculous
- HostGator - uses Softaculous
- TMD Hosting - uses Softaculous
- Webuzo - uses Softaculous
Below are a few suggestions for low-cost shared web hosts that offer the server environment required for installing Omeka manually:
- Cultural Hosting - a bilingual (Spanish and English) hosting company for cultural heritage organizations, based in Spain
Users have reported difficulty with the following shared web hosts:
You may also wish to try Softaculous AMPPS, which creates a virtual website environment on your local computer, complete with databases, so that you can build your website offline or share it within an organization.