This tab allows you to configure settings for the site overall. These settings include browse options, links, and the option for a user bar on the public side of the site.
Restrict browse to attached items
A checkbox. If checked, the Browse functions of your site will only show items which have been added to a page block. If unchecked, browse pages and blocks on your site will include all items in the Item Pool.
Attachment link type
- item page: clicking on the attachment takes users to the item page associated with the attached media;
- media page: clicking on the attachment takes users to the media page;
- direct link to file: clicking on the attachment takes user to the file alone.
Embed media on item pages
A checkbox. When checked, any linked media (such as videos) will be embedded on the item pages. When unchecked, site visitors will click through to view playable media.
Browse heading property
Set which property to use as the heading for each resource on a browse page. By default, this is Dublin Core: Title. The dropdown allows you to select from all available vocabularies, and includes a search bar to quickly find the desired property.
Browse body property
Set which property to use as the body text for each resource on a browse page. By default, this is Dublin Core: Description. The dropdown allows you to select from all available vocabularies, and includes a search bar to quickly find the desired property.
Always show user bar on public views
A checkbox. When checked, the public views of the site will have a header bar which either displays navigation options (for logged-in users) or a login option (for logged-out users)
- When users are logged in, the user bar has the following options:
- Installation Title: takes you back to the installation admin
- Site Title: takes you back to the landing page for managing the site (site/show).
- User's display name: takes you to your user page.
- Logout: logs out current user.
- When users are not logged, the user bar only displays a login option.
A dropdown menu to select the language code for this site. By default this will be set to the same as the global locale setting for the entire Omeka S installation. To change, select a language from the dropdown menu.