Omeka Contracting and Support Services
Since 2007, the Omeka Team at the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media at George Mason University has worked to develop and support standards-based, accessible, open source web publishing with the Omeka family of products. Omeka Classic has been a reliable and popular platform for researchers, teachers, enthusiasts, libraries, archives, and museums to publish and narrate their digital collections. For those unable to support their own installations of the software, the team offers Omeka.net, a hosted service with many levels of storage and functionality to meet the needs of a variety of user-types.
During this ten year history, the Omeka Team has designed and built a host of user-friendly, and award-winning cultural heritage sites, showcasing the power and flexibility of the software. Furthermore, they strive to bolster the work of the user community through carefully crafting end-user and developer documentation, through designing dozens of plugins and themes that respond to user needs, and through diligently offering guidance and support on the user forums.
The Omeka team has extensive experience with digital humanities and cultural heritage web publishing and brings together an important set of planning and technical skills that is essential to supporting these kinds of projects, including:
- Open source development for the LAMP environment
- Object oriented programming
- Standards-based, responsive web design (HTML5, CSS3)
- Omeka and Omeka S plugins and module development
- Data model development and data migration
- Linked Open Data, Resource Description Framework
- Digital strategy development
- User-experience assessment
The Omeka Team provides a range of contract services, including project planning, user-experience assessment, custom theme design and development, and plugin/module design and development. These contracts are developed with a fixed term for a fixed price to complete deliverables articulated in a statement of work.
These packages provide direct support for work with the Omeka web publishing platforms, and Omeka Team-developed plugins, themes, and modules. They are ideal for academic departments, archives, libraries, and museums. Each plan offers:
- Access to all Omeka documentation and forum support
- Access to a dedicated support request ticketing service
- Response time within 24 hours to initial ticket creation to begin scheduling process for follow up with and Omeka Team staff member
- Email support on site configuration, set-up, and troubleshooting
- Phone consultation on site configuration, set-up, and troubleshooting
Support plans do not include custom programming, design, or data migration services, but are services that can be obtained through separate contracts.
Support plans are administered through the Corporation for Digital Scholarship, a not for profit corporation dedicated to supporting the ongoing sustainability of Omeka software projects. Options include:
- Small: Up to 5 hours of support per month; Annual cost: $1,250.00
- Medium: Up to 10 hours of support per month; Annual cost: $2,500.00
- Large: Up to 20 hours of support per month; Annual cost: $5,000.00
If you are interesting more information about contract services of support plans, please be in touch.