Omeka Training and Services
Training and Workshops
Members of the Omeka Team are available on a periodic basis to provide a range of workshops for new and experienced Omeka users, including:
- Getting Started with Omeka (Classic or S) Workshops
- Advanced Project Development Workshops
- Omeka for Archives and Special Collections
- Omeka for Scholarly Publishing
- Publishing Linked Open Data with Omeka S
Additionally, the team is available to design a custom training experience for your staff, students, or project team. Workshops and training is priced based both on number of attendees and the duration of the training.
If you are interested more information about our training and workshop options, please be in touch.
The Omeka Team provides a range of contract services, including project planning, custom theme design and development, plugin/module design and development, hosting, and support.
The Omeka team has extensive experience with digital humanities and cultural heritage web publishing and brings together an important set of planning and technical skills that is essential to supporting these kinds of projects, including:
- Open source development for the LAMP environment
- Standards-based, responsive web design (HTML5, CSS3)
- Omeka Classic and Omeka S plugins and module development
- Data model development and data migration
- Linked Open Data, Resource Description Framework
- Digital strategy development
- User-experience assessment
Work is performed on a basis of a statement of work that clearly articulates the project deliverables, is contracted for a fixed term and a fixed price.
The Omeka Team can provide fully managed hosting for your Omeka Classic or Omeka S installation. These hosting packages provide an isolated server for your installation, managed add-on installation and software upgrades, and direct support for your technical users. Hosting fees are charged on an annual basis, and are determined by the size of the hosted installation:
|Size||Omeka Classic||Omeka S|
For more storage, request a custom quotation.
These packages provide direct support for work with the Omeka web publishing platforms, and Omeka Team-developed plugins, themes, and modules. They are ideal for academic departments, archives, libraries, and museums. Each plan offers:
- Access to all Omeka documentation and forum support
- Access to a dedicated support request ticketing service
- Response time within 24 hours to initial ticket creation to begin scheduling process for follow up with and Omeka Team staff member
- Email support on site configuration, set-up, and troubleshooting
- Phone consultation on site configuration, set-up, and troubleshooting
- Small: Up to 5 hours of support per month; Annual cost: $1,250.00
- Medium: Up to 10 hours of support per month; Annual cost: $2,500.00
- Large: Up to 20 hours of support per month; Annual cost: $5,000.00
Support plans do not include custom programming, design, or data migration services, but are services that can be obtained through separate contracts.
If you are interested more information about contract development, managed hosting, or support plans, please be in touch.