SiteSlugAsSubdomain (module for Omeka S)
For example, if your Omeka S domain is www.myapp.com and your sites URLs are : www.myapp.com/s/my-first-site and www.myapp.com/s/my-second-site, they will become my-first-site.myapp.com and my-second-site.myapp.com.
Uncompress the zip inside the folder
modules and rename it
See general end user documentation for Installing a module.
- The hosts must be configured on your webserver (my-first-site.myapp.com and (my-second-site.myapp.com must answer the ping).
- Your sites must be defined as public.
- Your must set your hostname in the module configuration (see below).
You must provide your hostname in the module configuration, otherwise the subdomain mapping will not run.
You must provide your hostname without subdomain, here are some examples :
http://www.example.com => example.com http://www.example.com/ => example.com http://www.test.example.com => test.example.com http://www.example.co.uk => example.co.uk http://localhost => locahost
Once installed, the Omeka S admin dashboard remains accessible at its original address.
The changes are visible in the "Sites" section of the Omeka S dashboard.
- Your hostname can't be an IP address (you can install Omeka S on http://192.168.1.12 but you can't have http://my-first-site.192.168.1.12).
- The module isn't compatible with the subdirectories installations (webserver aliases) at this time, for example http://www.yourapp.com/omeka-s/
- Ensure to enter your hostname in the module config withtout the potential subdomain (i.e. www.)
Use it at your own risk.
It’s always recommended to backup your files and your databases and to check your archives regularly so you can roll back if needed.
See online issues on the module issues page on GitHub.
This plugin is published under GNU/GPL.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
Human interface (xslt stylesheet)
The human interface is published under the CeCILL-B BSD-like licence. See its header for other licenses notes.
This plugin was built by exploring various Daniel Berthereau's plugins, (see Daniel-KM on GitHub).
- Copyright Franck Dupont, 2019