Omeka looks right in Chrome but Wrong in IE



I feel like this is still related to web.config.

Any idea just from looking?

Just at a glance it looks like some problem with the responsive styling: on IE it's collapsed everything into a "Menu" button like some styles do for mobile resolutions.

I'd guess it's just the theme doing something not supported or differently supported in IE.

I tried a few different styles with the same result. The menu button does not work in IE either. How I got it to be perfectly functional in chrome but broken in outlook is a mystery.

Figured it out. Compatibility view was putting ie 11 into IE 7 mode.


I was about to mention, we've actually seen that problem reported before. IE will often assume stuff in the local or intranet zone are legacy apps and will turn on ancient compat modes that mess everything up.