The following documentation is for Omeka versions 1.0-1.5+. For versions 2.0 and higher, please see the main page.
If you do not know which version of Omeka you have, log in to the admin dashboard. It is located at located at '/admin' relative to the root of your installation (example.com/admin, if your installation is at example.com). There should be a message stating the version either on the right sidebar (versions 1.0-1.5) or in the lower right hand corner (versions 2.0+) of the dashboard.
Working with Omeka Admin
Omeka versions 1.0-1.5+
Designing and Developing with Omeka
Note: The documentation in this section is for Omeka 1.x. All of the design and developer documentation for version 2.0 and higher can be found on Omeka's Read the Docs site.
Getting Started for versions 1.0-1.5+
- Learning PHP
- Theme Writing Best Practices
- Plugin Writing Best Practices
- MVC Pattern and URL Paths in Omeka
- Understanding Default Theme Files
- Unit Testing
- Escaping Data
- Function Reference
- Plugin API
- Contributed API clients (Omeka 2.1 or higher)
- Retrieving Error Messages
Recipes are extended examples that show how to use the tools in Omeka to accomplish specific goals.
- Adding a YouTube Video as an Item
- Display different header image on Simple Pages
- Add default thumbnail links for items without images
- Add thumbnails for collection items on browse page
- Create browse navigation on collection show pages
- Navigate items by type
- Using Search Results to Create Custom Next and Previous Links
- Removing Fields from Advanced Search
- Modifying the Appearance of Page Navigation
- Multiple Featured Collections
- Linking to Related Items
- Controlling Editing Access on Plugin Content
- Looping the Omeka Way
- Browsing Items Alphabetically
Done something interesting with Omeka that you don't see here? Write a recipe and share your solution.