The Omeka team has worked very hard over the past few months to bring you the public beta, Omeka version 0.9.0, which is now available for everyone to download.
Here’s what you get bundled in your installation:
- Basic themes that are easy to adapt with simple CSS changes
- Exhibit building with 12 basic page layouts
- Tagging for items and exhibits
- RSS feed for new items
- COinS plug-in making all Omeka content readable by Zotero (zotero.org);
Find additional functionality by downloading plug-ins :
- Bilingual plug-in for adding language fields to item metadata
- Contribution plug-in for collecting items from visitors
- Dropbox plug-in for batch adding items
- Geo-location plug-in for displaying items on a map
- Sitenotes plug-in for administrators to leave instructions for users
- Tag Suggest plug-in for suggesting tags based upon their frequency in the item text areas
Thanks to those who helped test Omeka during its private release. Your comments and forum posts were very helpful as we worked through the bugs. While we are releasing Omeka 0.9.0 as a public beta today we still need your help to make it better.