PDF Embed, Toc and Text

As I was intalling 2.3 Omeka, I added the 3 PDF plugins (PDF Text, Pdf embed and Pdf Toc). However, when activated, they caused the whole site to crash so I deactivated them but I kept having an error message on my Dashboard so I removed the whole plugin folder from Omeka through ftp and installed it again without the plugins above. I keep having a red error message in the Plugin dashboard from these plugins as if they were there. It also states at the top I have 5 plugins (and not the original 3 I have re-installed). In addition to this, the site keeps giving me random 500 error messages (due to the zend corrupt - see other message in the forum)

Do you have error reporting and error logging turned on?

You say you deleted the plugin folder. Can you walk through the steps of exactly what you did?

I have yesterday's error log in the plugin folder and also a screenshot of what I see in the dashboard now but how do I post them here? (error log very long and cannot attach screenshots here).
Does this help you in anyway?

How can I send these to you?

You could try posting the error log. People do.

Do you remember the order that you activated the plugins? I tried installing all 3 on my own site and Text and Embed were fine, but when I tried to install TOC I got the following error: "The pdftk command-line utility is not installed. pdftk must be installed to install this plugin." Did you see anything like this?

Well..the Pdf Embed worked well at the beginning to such an extent that I even managed to upload a pdf to items and display it when the site was not giving me 500 error. I believe the Text was all right but did not use it.

The problem started with TOC because the name of the unzipped file was long and bizarre symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091 (it's on the screenshot and the red messages says This is not a valid plugin).

So I tried to uninstall it from the dashboard (uninstall button) and this is when the whole thing started shaking.

Then I went to the folder through sftp and threw it out. When I came back the error message was still there.

So I just went back and deleted the whole Omeka plugin folder and uploaded the original folder (without any of the PDF plugins).

Strangely I still see the ghosts of two plugins even if they are not there anymore: Pdf Embed and the symac one in a red area but no uninstall or other buttons. Just the message: This is not a valid plugin. At the top I see I have 5 plugins when in reality there are only 3.

Here are the fatal errors from the log I retrieved from lamp0
29-Jul-2015 12:06:59 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: rename(/tmp/aab717bb1cbe0ee62e41f4a9dac0a2c8.pdf,/srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/files/original/aab717bb1cbe0ee62e41f4a9dac0a2c8.pdf): Operation not permitted in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/application/libraries/Omeka/Storage/Adapter/Filesystem.php on line 222
[29-Jul-2015 12:06:59 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: rename(/tmp/fullsize_aab717bb1cbe0ee62e41f4a9dac0a2c8.jpg,/srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/files/fullsize/aab717bb1cbe0ee62e41f4a9dac0a2c8.jpg): Operation not permitted in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/application/libraries/Omeka/Storage/Adapter/Filesystem.php on line 222
[29-Jul-2015 12:06:59 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: rename(/tmp/thumbnail_aab717bb1cbe0ee62e41f4a9dac0a2c8.jpg,/srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/files/thumbnails/aab717bb1cbe0ee62e41f4a9dac0a2c8.jpg): Operation not permitted in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/application/libraries/Omeka/Storage/Adapter/Filesystem.php on line 222
[29-Jul-2015 12:06:59 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: rename(/tmp/square_thumbnail_aab717bb1cbe0ee62e41f4a9dac0a2c8.jpg,/srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/files/square_thumbnails/aab717bb1cbe0ee62e41f4a9dac0a2c8.jpg): Operation not permitted in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/application/libraries/Omeka/Storage/Adapter/Filesystem.php on line 222
[29-Jul-2015 12:36:59 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8
[29-Jul-2015 12:37:02 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8
[29-Jul-2015 12:37:10 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8
[29-Jul-2015 12:37:19 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8
[29-Jul-2015 12:37:37 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8
[29-Jul-2015 12:37:39 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8
[29-Jul-2015 12:37:59 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8
[29-Jul-2015 12:43:01 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8
[29-Jul-2015 12:43:11 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8
[29-Jul-2015 12:43:14 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Omeka_Plugin_Abstract' not found in /srv/data/web/vhosts/bohdanpawlowicz.org/htdocs/suitcase/plugins/symac-Plugin-PdfToc-25d8091/PdfTocPlugin.php on line 8

I'm not sure why you're seeing ghosts of plugins if you've removed the folders and files, but I've had the "invalid plugin" error for bad folder names. Try renaming the folder to PdfToc.

If you removed the plugin folders without properly uninstalling them, that could also be causing problems. It might be worth putting the plugin folders back just to fully uninstall them. Then install them one at a time and see what happens.

Is it possible that the ghost plugins are a browser caching issue? I've definitely had "problems" with the admin theme that wound up being fixed when I cleared the browser's cache.

I checked the error today and do not see any more fatal errors today so I suppose removing the plugins worked. I will try to clear the browser cache as you suggest.

Cleared the cache, restarted browser but pb remains. Did the same thing with another browser, pb remains.

It looks like the PdfToC plugin is only for Omeka 1.x, so it won't work with Omeka 2.x.

On the ghosts, sheepeeh's thought of re-adding the code in order to uninstall sounds right. If Omeka has a record of the plugin in the database, but the plugin is no longer on the server, it will get confused.

Hmmm, yes, I only noticed it was incompatible later :-|. But if the Pdf Toc plugin is not compatible from the start and did not let itself be installed from the very beginning, crashing the whole app, how do I proceed? Isn't there a place in the database to look for and erase this memory?

Maybe I should raze up the whole thing and start from scratch as it is a new install.

Not sure though I will continue using Omeka though, as it has made my instance reach the maximum available PHP processes frequently...is it normal? What is the capacity required for it?

>sheepeeh's thought of re-adding the code in order to uninstall sounds right.

Does this mean there is only a file with code that I have to upload again or the whole plugin folder?