Neatline Simile Timeline and Neatline Waypoints - Map doesn't display

I'm running Omeka version 2.0.4. I recently installed two Neatline plugins. These are Neatline Widget - SIMILE Timeline version 2.0.0 and Neatline Widget - Waypoints version 2.0.1.

I select an exhibit and go into the editor for the exhibit. Without either of the widgets being available in the exhibit, the exhibit map displays fine. However, if I choose in the editor to make either the Waypoints or SIMILE Timeline widget available in the exhibit, when I click on the exhibit, I'm getting a blank page displayed with what looks like just a up and down arrow to scroll a scroll box, with nothing in the box or on the screen. I tried hi-lighting the entire screen to see if there was stuff there that maybe just wasn't visible, but nothing is there. When I view the source of the page, the body is there with lots of divs and some scripts, but nothing displays.

Hi tdouty,

Do you happen to know what version of PHP are you running? There can be a lot of things going on here, but often when there's a blank page without any code it can be a an issue with PHP versions.

Wayne

PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Dec 5 2013 07:09:40)

Do you have access to turn on the debugging? In the .htaccess file if you delete the "#" on the line that says

SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development

And refresh the page, you should hopefully get an error message. If not, we may need to look at the Apache logs...

I made the change, cleared cache, restarted apache and still the screen is just white.

I did a tail on the apache error_log file and this is the output. It doesn't show any error after the restart. Please let me know what you'd like to see next. I can create you an admin account to the omeka instance if you need it.

[Thu Apr 10 03:23:59 2014] [error] [client 157.55.32.99] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /prodat/omeka/
[Thu Apr 10 06:06:21 2014] [error] [client 82.221.105.6] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /prodat/omeka/
[Thu Apr 10 06:06:21 2014] [error] [client 82.221.105.6] File does not exist: /prodat/omeka/robots.txt
[Thu Apr 10 07:07:40 2014] [error] [client 66.249.65.160] File does not exist: /prodat/omeka/robots.txt
[Thu Apr 10 10:23:59 2014] [error] [client 54.81.231.82] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /prodat/omeka/
[Thu Apr 10 10:39:43 2014] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Thu Apr 10 10:39:45 2014] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
[Thu Apr 10 10:39:45 2014] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Thu Apr 10 10:39:45 2014] [notice] Digest: done
[Thu Apr 10 10:39:45 2014] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.3.3 configured -- resuming normal operations

Any ideas? I don't want this topic to fall off the list. Thanks.

I want to join in the discussion. I like this forum.
With a huge range of mattresses on offer in Brisbane, in Australia, 3mart is the remarkable story of a company that promises quality and style with every single product.
Brisbane mattress
mattresses Brisbane

I see that suexec is running, do you happen to be running mod_security as well? We've seen some issues with false positives blocking Neatline with mod_security...

Sorry for not responding sooner. I was away for a week working on other things. No, there is no LoadModule line for mod_security.so.

Hi tdouty,

I wonder if there's a function getting used that isn't PHP 5.3.x compliant. Could you add an issue to the IssueTracker for WayPoints https://github.com/scholarslab/nl-widget-Waypoints/issues?

Wayne