Neatline: enlarge images

is there a way for the image that is embedded into the bubble and which is not linked to Omeka item, show up bigger when user clicks on the image?

Anyone knows?

Hi,

I haven't seen anyone do this. My hunch is that you could use Neatline item templates and Colorbox to do what you want. The interaction between Neatline and Colorbox may be a little funky and fiddly to get just right.

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner.

Best,
Eric

Eric,

What's Neatline item template?

Well, that's probably not the right term for what I'm referring to. Neatline allows you to change how individual items are rendered from your theme. This is nice because you don't need to change the Neatline code any, and it will automagically pick up on any customizations you create.

David's written up a description at Creating themes for individual Neatline exhibits. Look particularly at the section called item.php. That's how you'll customize how the items are rendered so that you can add in the pop-up.

Eric,

I still don't know how to accomplish this. These people are doing exactly that:
http://mapa.cultcampinas.org/fullscreen/roteiro-centro

And as you might have seen on Githab they are discribing how they got it accomplished but it's not working for me. Any tips? I'm using lightbox.

Not without more information. Rather than starting from, "I did what they did," why don't you describe exactly what you did. What's in your [omeka-theme]/neatline/exhibits/themes/[exhibit-slug] directory?

OK, I've got:
item.php
script.js
style.css

OK. I assume that script.js and style.css are lightbox. What's in item.php?

<!-- Thumbnail. -->
<?php echo files_for_item(); ?>

<!-- Link. -->
<?php echo link_to(
get_current_record('item'), 'show', 'View the item metadata'
); ?>

<hr />

I think maybe you missed one of the instructions scattered throughout the github issues page. Use this in your item.php instead:

<!-- Thumbnail. -->
<?php
$item = get_current_record('item');
echo files_for_item(array(
'linkAttributes' => array(
'data-lightbox' => "setimages-{$item->id}"
)));
?>

<!-- Link. -->
<?php echo link_to(
get_current_record('item'), 'show', 'View the item metadata'
); ?>

<hr />

Great, thanks Eric, this is working now! I am very happy, thank you. The only thing I would also like is the metadata under the photo, is this possible?