MyOmeka errors after 1.3 upgrade

Hi, I notice that myOmeka seems to be broken in Omeka 1.3. I'm getting the following error when trying to save a poster (note: I stripped some path details out):

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception
Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'item_id' cannot be null

exception 'Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception' with message 'Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'item_id' cannot be null' in /path/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Stack trace:
#0 /path/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /path/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 [internal function]: Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?        INSERT...', Array)
#3 /path/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(82): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /path/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(284): Omeka_Db->__call('query', Array)
#5 /path/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(284): Omeka_Db->query('?        INSERT...', Array)
#6 /path/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(254): Omeka_Db->exec('?        INSERT...', Array)
#7 /path/application/libraries/Omeka/Record.php(548): Omeka_Db->insert('MyOmekaPosterIt...', Array)
#8 /path/plugins/MyOmeka/models/MyOmekaPoster.php(56): Omeka_Record->save()
#9 /path/plugins/MyOmeka/controllers/PosterController.php(136): MyOmekaPoster->updateItems(Array)
#10 /path/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(513): MyOmeka_PosterController->saveAction()
#11 /path/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(289): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('saveAction')
#12 /path/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(946): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#13 /path/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(77): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#14 /path/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(358): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#15 /path/application/libraries/Omeka/Core.php(157): Zend_Application->run()
#16 /path/index.php(30): Omeka_Core->run()
#17 {main}

Additionally, the WYSIWYG/TinyMCE editor does not load, presumably because it uses the Prototype library. I just manually added <?php echo js('prototype'); ?> to the plugin poster/edit.php file and that fixes it for now.

Just wondering if you have an estimate for the release of the next MyOmeka version?

Followup question: is MyOmeka the only plugin which requires the Prototype library?

I'd like to build support support for key plugins into a theme and am doing it like so (in header.php) at the moment...

<?php if (function_exists('my_omeka_user_status')&&(get_plugin_ini('MyOmeka', 'version')=='0.3.2')) {echo js('prototype');}?>

Here, I'm assuming that the next version of MyOmeka will either be jQuery-based or will include an explicit call to Prototype.

If there are other Prototype-based plugins that are commonly used by non-technical folks, I might do something similar.

Thanks,

Erin

MyOmeka is the only plugin that I can think of at the moment that requires Prototype.

As a compatibility measure for old plugins, Omeka 1.3 includes a checkbox on the admin "General Settings" panel called "Enable Prototype" that includes the Prototype and Scriptaculous libraries on Omeka pages.

Oh. I didn't notice that. I guess this is not an issue then. Thanks, John.

So, we can use MyOmeka with Omeka 1.3. I was lead to believe this plugin was no longer being supported in Omeka's latest version.

For the record, MyOmeka MAY work with 1.3, but it may not, and we are not actively supporting issues that arise with it.

Just curious, Ken, why you would no longer support a plugin that provides an important part of Omeka. It's one of the reasons I chose to use this CMS.

I have to agree with @outtacontext. Very surprised that this is not going to be an officially supported plugin for Omeka, as it's quite useful in educational projects (we've had students and teachers create hundreds of posters on one of our sites for a variety of learning objectives and have received great feedback and results).

That said, I understand that CHNM has limited resources and perhaps sees more pressing development needs, but again, it's just such a unique tool; it would be a shame to let it go.