ImageMagick help

Hi,
My server has ImageMagick installed as standard, but I'm having real trouble getting the path to work. My ISP says the path is /usr/local/bin but here's the message I get when I text that path from the general settings form...

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/bin) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp/) in /home/londonex/public_html/application/controllers/SettingsController.php on line 107

I've also tried adding /convert to the path without success.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Try typing which convert into terminal and seeing the path it returns.

Otherwise, I'd double check that you have access to Imagemagick. The message makes it sound like access is blocked on your server.

Hmmm... looks like access is blocked. Here's what my hosts say:

"Is the realpath() function necessary? You should still be able to use ImageMagick but checking the path with this script will not be allowed due to the fact that it's a security issue to allow file access to this directory."

I take it this function is necessary and that I really do need file access to be allowed?

realpath() is necessary, at least for the current version of Omeka.

Do you get this error uploading non-image files? If you do, I suspect this has less to do with ImageMagick, and more to do with general file upload access.