Error when attempting to Add item or import using CSV

I have a database with about 10959 records. Of which 9,674 have images attached. I attempted to load a few more records to day using both the CSV Import and the Add Item feature but got the following error message:

Omeka has encountered an error

Zend_File_Transfer_Exception

The given destination is not writable

#0 /home/oberlinw/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/File/Ingest/Upload.php(37): Zend_File_Transfer_Adapter_Abstract->setDestination('/tmp')
#1 /home/oberlinw/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/File/Ingest/Upload.php(109): Omeka_File_Ingest_Upload->_buildAdapter()
#2 /home/oberlinw/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/File/Ingest/AbstractIngest.php(168): Omeka_File_Ingest_Upload->_parseFileInfo('file')
#3 /home/oberlinw/public_html/omeka/application/models/Builder/Item.php(200): Omeka_File_Ingest_AbstractIngest->ingest('file')
#4 /home/oberlinw/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/globals.php(573): Builder_Item->addFiles('Upload', 'file', Array)

The above list continues to #18

Can you tell me what's going on? How can I fix this? Thank you!

The /tmp/ directory isn't writable by the web server process Omeka is running in.

You might have to check with your IT or server admins to see if there was some change.

Thank you John. I will forward your response to our Administrator.

Thank you John. The /tmp/ directory was the solution! We also decided to add more storage to our space.