CSV Import - Greek characters not displayed

Hi everybody,

i have installed CSV Import plugin and i want to import a csv file with greek characters. I use the plugin and complete the step 1 (upload the file), but in step 2 where the contents of the file should be displayed, the greek characters are not displayed at all.

I have tried the following combinations:

-I have saved the file as UTF-8 and as ISO-8859-7 (Greek encoding)

-I have added the line "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" and "AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-7" to the following server files:
etc/apache2/sites-available/default
etc/apache2/httpd.conf
etc/apache2/charset
etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

but still the Greek characters are not displayed.
What else could be wrong?

Thank you in advance!

If you complete the import (accept the mapping in step 2), do the resulting items also not show the Greek characters?

I also tryed to import a .csv file with only english characters but the the following message is displayed:

Import settings expired. Please try again.

I uninstalled the plugin and installed it again but the error is the same.

Here is the error.log in case it helps:

2014-09-19T14:31:53+03:00 ERR (3): exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'The configured PHP path () is invalid.' in /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php:115
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php(94): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::_checkCliPath('')
#1 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php(28): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::getPHPCliPath()
#2 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Adapter/BackgroundProcess.php(31): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::startProcess('Omeka_Job_Proce...', Object(User), Array)
#3 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Default.php(150): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_BackgroundProcess->send('{"className":"C...', Array)
#4 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/plugins/CsvImport/controllers/IndexController.php(393): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Default->sendLongRunning('CsvImport_Impor...', Array)
#5 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/plugins/CsvImport/controllers/IndexController.php(135): CsvImport_IndexController->_dispatchImportTask(Object(CsvImport_Import), 'start')
#6 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): CsvImport_IndexController->mapColumnsAction()
#7 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('mapColumnsActio...')
#8 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#9 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#10 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#11 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#12 /var/www/omeka-2.1.4/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()

I finally found it!
I didn't have to change any of the above files that are related to encoding.

I changed the
jobs.dispatcher.longRunning = "Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_BackgroundProcess" to "Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_Synchronous"

and in the .csv file i put the Greek characters between "" and it worked.

Hallo to everyone

I am unexperienced user of android OS.
I have the exact same issue when i am trying to convert my contacts from CSV file to a vCard file.
Fivos can you explain with more details where can i find the
jobs.dispatcher.longRunning = "Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_BackgroundProcess"
and change it?

Thanks