Forums » Creating Custom Pages

RSS feed for this topic

Info

1. I wonder if I could get a little theme help: I'd like to create a customized view for my theme.

Currently you can browse items in ../items/ and see tags in .../items/tags/

I can easily modify browse.php or show.php in my theme, but want to add a new view at something like:

../table/

However, I get "that is not a valid URL" - so something is preventing me from adding a new directory "table" with its own browse.php (index.php?) that outputs a customized loop that I have created.

It doesn't look like it is the .htaccess by itself...how can I get it to allow users to load a theme-specific view in a directory I create?

Thanks in advance.

2. I see, for example, that the Simple Page plugin allows me to create a page at a certain arbitrary location, and also allows PHP but: using this I cannot seem to access any of the regular Omeka theme calls here. If I "include" an appropriate function file, can I use this method for creating a customized loop view separate from the regular browse/show?

3. I appear to have gotten this to work when I abandoned the code of the browse.php as the base. For others who wish to do the same:

1) Create a 'Simple Page', with the plugin of that name.

2) Create your own loop using these instructions:

http://omeka.org/codex/Create_a_Custom_Loop_of_Items

-Now I need to figure out who to grab a second and third page of returned items, offset appropriately. I'm not seeing that in the Theme API. Also trying to make this compatible with Sort Browse plugin.

You must log in to post.