Contribution Plugin

I've upgraded omeka to current version.
Then I installed the contribution plugin. On the plugins page, it reads "upgrade" instead of "install."
Then below it reads
"You have a new version of Contribution. Please upgrade!"

That should just mean that Contribution was installed on the old Omeka version, and you can just hit 'upgrade' to update to the new version of Contribution compatible with the new version of Omeka.

No, that does not work. I have already uploaded the new contribution plugin. When I click on upgrade, I get Omeka has encountered an error.

here is the error log

2016-01-05T08:08:45-05:00 ERR (3): exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'The configured PHP path (/usr/bin/php) does not point to a PHP-CLI binary.' in /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php:125
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php(94): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::_checkCliPath('/usr/bin/php')
#1 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php(28): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::getPHPCliPath()
#2 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Adapter/BackgroundProcess.php(31): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::startProcess('Omeka_Job_Proce...', Object(User), Array)
#3 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Default.php(150): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_BackgroundProcess->send('{"className":"C...', Array)
#4 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/ContributionPlugin.php(201): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Default->sendLongRunning('ContributionImp...')
#5 [internal function]: ContributionPlugin->hookUpgrade(Array)
#6 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Broker.php(145): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#7 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Installer.php(99): Omeka_Plugin_Broker->callHook('upgrade', Array, Object(Plugin))
#8 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/controllers/PluginsController.php(237): Omeka_Plugin_Installer->upgrade(Object(Plugin))
#9 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): PluginsController->upgradeAction()
#10 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('upgradeAction')
#11 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#12 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#13 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(382): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#14 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#15 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#16 {main}

Ah. The upgrade process is pretty long, so it runs as a background job on the server instead of the usual request.

The problem is that the usual path to PHP for the background job isn't what Omeka expects, and Omeka can't figure it out.

There are two possible things to try.

First, the safest one is to ask your server admin or hosting company what the correct path to php-cli (PHP Command Line Interface) is. Then, open `application/config/config.ini and look for this line probably around line 152, and put that path in:

background.php.path = ""

The other, slightly riskier, approach is to look in the same config.ini file for this

jobs.dispatcher.longRunning = "Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_BackgroundProcess"

and change it to

jobs.dispatcher.longRunning = "Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_Synchronous"

The first option is safer because it will 1) not cause upgrade problems if the upgrade does take a long time and 2) need to be there for other plugins and tasks that sometime come up using Omeka.

My server host guy gave me this. Wondering if it looks right.

; background.php.path
; Path to PHP-CLI for running background processes.
; default: ""
;
; If left blank, Omeka will try to autodetect the right path. Set this
; to override the autodetected PHP path.
background.php.path = /opt/php55/lib/php

Seems to fit patterns I've seen before. Only way to know for sure is to give it a try.

Slightly different error message now

2016-01-07T17:24:13-05:00 ERR (3): exception 'Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception' with message 'Mysqli statement execute error : Unknown column 'contributor_posting' in 'omeka_contribution_contributed_items'' in /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 [internal function]: Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n ...')
#3 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/ContributionPlugin.php(218): Omeka_Db->__call('query', Array)
#5 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/ContributionPlugin.php(218): Omeka_Db->query('\n ...')
#6 [internal function]: ContributionPlugin->hookUpgrade(Array)
#7 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Broker.php(145): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#8 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Installer.php(99): Omeka_Plugin_Broker->callHook('upgrade', Array, Object(Plugin))
#9 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/controllers/PluginsController.php(237): Omeka_Plugin_Installer->upgrade(Object(Plugin))
#10 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): PluginsController->upgradeAction()
#11 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('upgradeAction')
#12 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#13 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#14 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(382): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#15 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#16 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#17 {main}
2016-01-07T17:24:13-05:00 ERR (3): exception 'Omeka_Job_Factory_MissingClassException' with message 'Job class named ContributionImportUsers does not exist.' in /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Factory.php:59
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Factory.php(46): Omeka_Job_Factory->build(Array)
#1 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Wrapper.php(20): Omeka_Job_Factory->from('{"className":"C...')
#2 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Wrapper.php(28): Omeka_Job_Process_Wrapper->_getJob('{"className":"C...')
#3 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/scripts/background.php(61): Omeka_Job_Process_Wrapper->run(Array)
#4 {main}

Contribution plugin seems to be installed, but I am not getting a promp to configure it (only deactivate or uninstall), and it does not show up in left hand navigation.

When I put contribute in my primary site navigation and tried to contribute, I received an error:
2016-01-10T10:49:13-05:00 ERR (3): exception 'Zend_Acl_Exception' with message 'Resource 'Contribution_Settings' not found' in /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Acl.php:365
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Acl.php(846): Zend_Acl->get('Contribution_Se...')
#1 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/globals.php(3422): Zend_Acl->isAllowed(Object(User), 'Contribution_Se...', 'edit')
#2 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/controllers/IndexController.php(19): is_allowed('Contribution_Se...', 'edit')
#3 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Contribution_IndexController->indexAction()
#4 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction')
#5 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#6 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#7 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(382): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#8 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#9 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run()
#10 {main}

I think that confirms to me that contribution is not properly set up.

Something odd is definitely going on. It almost looks like some of the plugin files are the upgraded version, and some aren't. That's the first thing I'd check.

Could you also give some more details about how to reproduce that error? For example, what was the exact url that you put into the navigation?

My upgrade has not gone well with regard to this contribution plugin. There's quite a bit here on this post already.

Since contribution has not allowed me to edit settings, nor did contribution automatically put itself on the primary navigation, I added
/contribution as the url.

Well, that shows up on the primary navigation, but it doesn't work. See the error that I posted.

I am unsure what to do next. Should I hit deactivate and then uninstall; or should I just hit uninstall.

Then, which version of contribution should I try and install. The latest or an older one. I could use some options. Any help appreciated.

Yeah, there have been a variety of upgrade problems with Contribution. I know what you mean.

If there is data from past contributions that you need to maintain, I'd say don't uninstall yet. That would delete the existing data, which I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

Should definitely use the latest, since that addresses as many previous update issues as we know about.

It makes sense that adding contribution from the navigation setting would show up. But Omeka will look for the plugin to do something there, but somehow it fails.

So, you go to your-public-site/contribution and get that error message? I especially want to confirm that the url is on the public side, not the admin side.

And, more info might appear if you go to the admin-side url /admin/contribution/settings/edit or /admin/contribution/index

A last thing to check is to see if there is a plugin conflict by deactivating all other plugins and seeing if that makes a difference.

1st, thing I did was go to
novahistory.ctevans.net/contribute
(my public site). Omeka has encountered an error:

2016-01-12T11:43:34-05:00 ERR (3): exception 'Zend_Acl_Exception' with message 'Resource 'Contribution_Types' not found' in /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Acl.php:365
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Acl.php(846): Zend_Acl->get('Contribution_Ty...')
#1 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/globals.php(3422): Zend_Acl->isAllowed(Object(User), 'Contribution_Ty...', 'edit')
#2 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/views/admin/contribution-navigation.php(4): is_allowed('Contribution_Ty...', 'edit')
#3 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(117): include('/home/ctevan5/p...')
#4 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run('/home/ctevan5/p...')
#5 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/View/Helper/Partial.php(109): Zend_View_Abstract->render('contribution-na...')
#6 [internal function]: Zend_View_Helper_Partial->partial('contribution-na...')
#7 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(350): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/views/admin/settings/edit.php(18): Zend_View_Abstract->__call('partial', Array)
#9 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/views/admin/settings/edit.php(18): Omeka_View->partial('contribution-na...')
#10 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(117): include('/home/ctevan5/p...')
#11 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run('/home/ctevan5/p...')
#12 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(905): Zend_View_Abstract->render('settings/edit.p...')
#13 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(926): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript('settings/edit.p...', NULL)
#14 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(965): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render()
#15 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch()
#16 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch()
#17 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('editAction')
#18 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#19 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#20 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(382): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#21 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#22 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#23 {main}

I also tried:
http://novahistory.ctevans.net/admin/contribution/settings/edit

And received this error, which I think is the same:

2016-01-12T11:43:34-05:00 ERR (3): exception 'Zend_Acl_Exception' with message 'Resource 'Contribution_Types' not found' in /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Acl.php:365
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Acl.php(846): Zend_Acl->get('Contribution_Ty...')
#1 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/globals.php(3422): Zend_Acl->isAllowed(Object(User), 'Contribution_Ty...', 'edit')
#2 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/views/admin/contribution-navigation.php(4): is_allowed('Contribution_Ty...', 'edit')
#3 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(117): include('/home/ctevan5/p...')
#4 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run('/home/ctevan5/p...')
#5 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/View/Helper/Partial.php(109): Zend_View_Abstract->render('contribution-na...')
#6 [internal function]: Zend_View_Helper_Partial->partial('contribution-na...')
#7 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(350): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/views/admin/settings/edit.php(18): Zend_View_Abstract->__call('partial', Array)
#9 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/views/admin/settings/edit.php(18): Omeka_View->partial('contribution-na...')
#10 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(117): include('/home/ctevan5/p...')
#11 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run('/home/ctevan5/p...')
#12 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(905): Zend_View_Abstract->render('settings/edit.p...')
#13 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(926): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript('settings/edit.p...', NULL)
#14 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(965): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render()
#15 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch()
#16 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch()
#17 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('editAction')
#18 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#19 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#20 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(382): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#21 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#22 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#23 {main}

Those do seem to be exactly the same error -- both are from the admin side (in #2 of the trace, both are looking for an admin-side script, plugins/Contribution/views/admin/contribution-navigation.php(4), which wouldn't happen on the public side. So, I suspect there's a different error happening on the public contribution page.

I still kinda suspect a problem with current files being in place. If you look in ContributionPlugin.php, around line 291, is there a line like this?

$acl->addResource('Contribution_Types');

The basic error is coming from Omeka not seeing that that resource has been added, so if that line isn't in that file, that would be the cause. If it is there, we'd be back to checking if there is a plugin conflict.

That is line 291.

We are back to there being some kind of plugin conflict.
So, let me try and review how we've gotten to this muddle.
1. I followed instructions to upgrade and disabled all plugins.
2. Then I moved old install to a new folder.
3. Put in new install.
4. Moved the contribution plugin and other plugins into new plugin folder. I must have done this because for some reason the Terms of Service plugin is still being listed in my admin view (even though it is not in the plugins folder anymore).
5. Copied over db.ini. Also had to copy over htaccess to make the new install work.
6. Did the upgrade your database.

Then I am no longer sure what happened with re the contribution plugin. Directions were not clear. Usually with plugins you just unzip and load into the plugins folder, but the old contribution was already there. I might have pulled the old contribution and put the new one in there, or I might have copied the new one over the old one. I know that at some point I had the upgrade prompt and it would not work when I clicked on it. Then when I was able to click on Upgrade, something must have installed, but I never got the setup prompts to set up contribution.

It's generally safest to delete all the plugins files and completely replace them with the new files. It might help to double check by doing that.

The Terms of Service plugin is probably still showing up because it was listed in the database for the old site. From what you describe, I'd imagine it is showing some warning like 'Invalid Plugin'?

The question about a plugin conflict is whether some other plugin is doing something that interferes with Contribution. To test that, try deactivating all the other plugins, and see if that makes the Contribution tab show up.

Another possibility I should check is whether this is the Contribution plugin from RRCHNM, downloaded from the plugins list, or whether it's one of several forks that are downloaded from GitHub?

Deactivating all the plugins did not change anything.
Plugin is from RRCHNM.
If I understand you correctly, my next try should be to remove the plugin folder from the plugin directory and then upload the newest contribution plugin.

That's my best guess, too.

Ok.
Contribution plugin seems to be installed.
However, and isn't there always a however, when I try and contribute an item as a test, I get this error:

2016-01-14T13:43:43-05:00 ERR (3): exception 'Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception' with message 'Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'anonymous' in 'field list'' in /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT INTO `om...')
#1 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(388): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT INTO `om...')
#2 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT INTO `om...')
#3 [internal function]: Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `om...', Array)
#4 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(252): Omeka_Db->__call('query', Array)
#6 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(252): Omeka_Db->query('INSERT INTO `om...', Array)
#7 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(543): Omeka_Db->insert('ContributionCon...', Array)
#8 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/controllers/ContributionController.php(337): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->save()
#9 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/controllers/ContributionController.php(273): Contribution_ContributionController->_linkItemToContributedItem(Object(Item), NULL, Array)
#10 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/plugins/Contribution/controllers/ContributionController.php(75): Contribution_ContributionController->_processForm(Array)
#11 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Contribution_ContributionController->contributeAction()
#12 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('contributeActio...')
#13 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#14 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#15 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(382): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#16 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#17 /home/ctevan5/public_html/Novahistory/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run()
#18 {main}

I saw some previous discussion of this on your forums, but I did not really see a resolution.

Indeed, always a 'however'!

That looks again like something went awry in the upgrade process. A column in the contribution_contributed_item table called anonymous doesn't seem to be there.

There's also a chance that we're confronting different behavior from different MySQL versions. Do you know what version of MySQL you are using?

I checked my system information, and it indicates MySQL server 5.6.23, My SQL client . I do not recall having an anonymous option for contributions in my pre-upgrade install. When I looked at my database, there is no anonymous column.

Any ideas here. Can I somehow remove anonymous from contribution plugin in, or does an anonymous column need to be added to the MYSQL database somehow.

The anonymous option should remain to prevent other errors. It sounds like somehow that upgrade to the database didn't work correctly. If you see a column on contribution_contributed_item called contributor_posting, renaming that to anonymous is likely to work -- that's what the upgrade tries to do.

The settings for that column should be

TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

omeka_contribution_contributed_items
has these columns:
id
item_id
contributor_id
public

I think that it is "public" that you want me to rename to "anonymous" (does cap matter?) since public is the one with the tinyint (1) value

Actually, both public and anonymous should be there. contributor_id is no longer used as of version 3.0. Somehow that didn't get removed in the upgrade, and anonymous wasn't added. Not sure why yet.

Here's what it would do for a brand new installation of the plugin:

id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
item_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
public TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
anonymous TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

Ok. That worked. I now have two of my Omeka installs upgraded and working; one to go.
ps. Hope that upgrade goes a lot more smoothly.