Can't see switched themes (newbie question)

Hi,

I'm running V1.4 successfully via MAMP 1.9.4. I've downloaded a bunch of themes and placed these in /themes

cinema:~ abosse$ ls -l /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/omeka/themes
total 8
drwxr-xr-x@ 13 abosse staff 442 Dec 10 2009 autumn
drwxr-xr-x@ 8 abosse staff 272 Dec 22 2010 berlin
drwxr-xr-x@ 13 abosse staff 442 Dec 10 2009 dark
drwxr-xr-x@ 9 abosse staff 306 Jun 21 12:19 default
drwxr-xr-x@ 13 abosse staff 442 Dec 10 2009 emiglio
-rw-r--r-- 1 abosse staff 135 Mar 27 2007 index.html
drwxr-xr-x@ 8 abosse staff 272 Jun 21 12:19 minimalist
drwxr-xr-x@ 12 abosse staff 408 Jun 21 12:19 rhythm
drwxr-xr-x@ 8 abosse staff 272 Jun 21 12:19 seasons

So far, so good and the themes show up in Settings. However when I select a different theme than the default "Thanks, Roy" - hit Switch Theme, and reload the Public page, I always get a blank page (i.e. for all themes other than the default).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

many thanks,

Arno

[Update - shoot, I should have posted this in troubleshooting. Since I couldn't find a way to delete a post I'll just leave it here.]

This also happens for the other bundled themes (Minimalist, Rhythm, and Seasons)?

You can try the instructions on retrieving error messages to see what's causing the blank screen problem.

Interesting, no. It works with Minimalist, Rhythm, Berlin and Seasons but not with Dark, Autumn and Emiglio. With these, I see errors like this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare show_untitled_items() (previously declared in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/omeka/themes/emiglio/custom.php:9) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/omeka/application/views/scripts/functions.php on line 17

These were all pulled off the Omeka site a few daya ago.

This happened to me too with the fromscratch theme.

I took out the custom.php file in the fromscratch theme folder, and it's now working. This file (custom.php) contains a duplicate show_untitled_items function. That's what's causing the error.

~Joy

The Dark, Emiglio, and Santa Fe themes all now have updated versions that are compatible with Omeka 1.4. The four bundled themes were, of course, already updated.

Autumn is no longer being maintained. It along with Spring, Summer and Winter have been superseded by the Seasons theme.

From Scratch hasn't been updated. There needs to be some thinking about From Scratch's future with the newer "sparse" theme support.