Can't delete contributed items

Hi,
I'm running Omeka version 1.4.1 and just received two user-submitted items (same contributor) with .pdf attachments via the Contribution plugin.

When I try viewing the pdfs I get this error message:
Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Exception
Invalid controller specified (archive)

Backtrace
exception 'Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Exception' with message 'Invalid controller specified (archive)' in /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php:248
Stack trace:
#0 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#1 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#2 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#3 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Core.php(166): Zend_Application->run()
#4 /var/data/omeka/index.php(30): Omeka_Core->run()
#5 {main}

When I try deleting the items I get this: exception 'Omeka_Storage_Exception' with message 'Unable to delete file.' in /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Storage/Adapter/Filesystem.php:153
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Omeka_Storage_Adapter_Filesystem->delete('files/a56e4d42c...')
#1 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Storage.php(66): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 [internal function]: Omeka_Storage->__call('delete', Array)
#3 /var/data/omeka/application/models/File.php(232): Omeka_Storage->delete('files/a56e4d42c...')
#4 /var/data/omeka/application/models/File.php(238): File->unlinkFile()
#5 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Record.php(622): File->_delete()
#6 /var/data/omeka/application/models/Item.php(253): Omeka_Record->delete()
#7 /var/data/omeka/application/models/Item.php(233): Item->_deleteFiles()
#8 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Record.php(622): Item->_delete()
#9 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Controller/Action.php(517): Omeka_Record->delete()
#10 /var/data/omeka/application/controllers/ItemsController.php(149): Omeka_Controller_Action->deleteAction()
#11 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(513): ItemsController->deleteAction()
#12 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('deleteAction')
#13 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#14 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#15 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#16 /var/data/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Core.php(166): Zend_Application->run()
#17 /var/data/omeka/admin/index.php(45): Omeka_Core->run()
#18 {main}

Would appreciate any thoughts or help with this issue.

Thanks,
Melissa

You may need to try updating your version of the Contribution plugin.

There has been an issue with public users of the Contribution plugin being unable to upload files.

This is resolved in the latest version (2.2.1).

As for those two items that you can't delete, that's a complication of the files themselves not successfully uploading. The easiest way to fix this problem is to manually delete those two entries from the omeka_files table, and then you'll be able to delete the Items.