Add First Item

I'm having a problem with a brand new Omeka installation ver. 2.3.1. When I click the link "Add New Item", I'm sent to the "Add An Item" page but all that is present is a line that says "Add new files", no text boxes for entry at all, no hyper links, just that single line of text. I'm logged in as an Admin but I get the same behavior if I log in as a Super User. I've installed a collection of plugins but I've tried deactivating them all.

Interestingly, if by some random occurrence I can get the text entry boxes, after I input the first item, the "add a new item" link *usually* works after that.

I'm thinking that my php.ini file might need to be tweaked but I'm not sure. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Is your db.ini file correct?

As far as I can tell. The database was created so and initially populated so I would assume that the host, user and password were correct.

Any ideas how I can get more debug info?

Thanks,
Mike

Have you changed the .htaccess file to Development? (http://omeka.org/codex/Retrieving_Error_Messages)

Excellent ... thank you. That helped. At least I can see an error message now:

Fatal error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /var/www/html/sandy/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Xml/Security.php on line 81

Any ideas why that might be happening?

Thanks again.
Mike

Ahhhh, got it. Needed to install php-xml. This solved the problem.

Thanks,
Mike