I'm having trouble getting around a roadblock I've hit and wonder if there is anyone that could help me.
I've set up Omeka under MAMP on my Mac for a test instance and everything is running smoothly except I cannot get the SolrSearch plugin to work as it should.
SolrSearch 2.2.0 (have also tried 2.2.1)
solr 4.10.4 (using jetty)
What I've done:
- installed solr 4.10.4,
- moved the SolrSearch/solr-core/omeka directory into solr's multicore directory,
- added the core to solr.xml,
- started solr with the command:
java -Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -jar start.jar(solr starts up fine and the admin console is available at localhost:8389/solr/, the omeka core appears to be loading without issues)
- installed the SolrSearch plugin through the Omeka/Plugins page
- Set Server Configuration to correct values (I get a "Solr Connection is valid." message and I can see that the solr server is pinged.)
Now when I select the Index tab and click the Clear and Reindex button I get the "Reindexing started." message but nothing happens. The items are not indexed. In the solr admin console the core shows a blank lastModified time/date and numDocs is 0. There are no errors that I can find in any logs.
Can anyone help me figure out where the disconnect is?