I have a running Omeka V 1.5.1 on computer A.
I set up a new Xen virtual machine B with a brand new Omeka 2.0.3 who seems to be ok.
I have backup the omeka database on computer A with this command : /usr/bin/mysqldump --user=root --password=xxxxxxxx \
--add-locks omeka > mysqldump_omeka.sql
I have restored this backup on computer B using this command : mysql -u root -p < mysqldump_omeka.sql
Omeka 2.0.3 detect the change in the database and ask me to clik on a button to upgrade the data base :
"Upgrade Your Omeka Database
Your Omeka database is not compatible with your current version of Omeka. Please back up your existing database and then click the button to upgrade."
I click on the button and after few seconds an omeka error message is displayed :
"Omeka encountered an error when upgrading your installation.
SQL error in migration: Mysqli statement execute error : Unknown column 'record_name' in 'omeka_search_texts'
Please restore from your database backup and try again. If you have any questions please refer to Omeka documentation or post a message on the Omeka forums."
I searched in the Omeka forum and Google about this error message but found nothing.
Any advise ?
Does this happen consistently when you try upgrading from that same database? It's possible some one-off problem happened the first time, or that you double-clicked the Upgrade button, or some other problem that would be solved by just trying again from the same restored backup.
Failing that, does the backed-up 1.5.3 database have a table called "omeka_search_texts" (it shouldn't)?
This is an odd error because the search_texts table should be, in turn, created and then modified by the same upgrade process.
1) The omeka 1.5 database backup does not contain a string with "omeka_search_texts" in. So I suppose omeka 1.5 database backup does not contain a table named "omeka_search_texts".
2) I have done a fresh install of Debian Wheezy + Omeka 2.0.3 in a DomU VM. The fresh install of Omeka is OK. I have restored the omeka 1.5 backup on this fresh install using this command : mysql -u root -p omeka < mysqldump_omeka.sql
3) Omeka 2.0.3 detect the change in the database and ask me to clik on a button to upgrade the data base. I click and I got the same error message as decribe in my previous pots.
4) I tried 3 time to upgrade and 3 time I had the same error message.
I can send you my 1.5 backup if it can help (393 K) . No classified informations, only public data in this file.
I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like the process might leave the 2.0.3 tables in the database in step 2.
Maybe make sure all the tables are dropped before restoring the 1.5 backup in step 2.
The situation is improving !
1) Following a new fresh install of Omeka 2.0.3, I have dropped the database omeka in Omeka 2.0.3 and create a new blank omeka database :
mysql> drop database omeka;
mysql> create database omeka;
Then I have restored the Omeka database 1.5 backup using this command :
mysql -u root -p omeka < mysqldump_omeka.sql
Now the upgrade process run without an error and I am able to browse the web site.
Thanks for your help.