I am using siteground webhosting and have placed the omeka folder in my "public_html" folder. the htaccess files are where the instructions state they should be and I have setup the database according to the directions. I am receiving this error when I try to visit the URL in a browser:
Warning: require_once(Omeka/Core.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mrallen/public_html/omeka/index.php on line 18
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Omeka/Core.php' (include_path='/home/mrallen/public_html/omeka/application/libraries:/home/mrallen/public_html/omeka/application/models') in /home/mrallen/public_html/omeka/index.php on line 18
Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
Did all the files copy over correctly? That error seems to indicate one or more missing files. Also, what version of PHP are you using on Siteground? Omeka requires at least 5.2 and sometimes can cause weird errors if your shared hosting doesn't have the correct version of PHP.
I ran into this problem a little under a year ago. Since I was just toying around on my own server space I didn't bother with finding a solution. Anyway, I re-installed a month or two ago and was able to bypass the problem.
I'm using PHP 5.2.6 now. Not sure what the server was at then.
The problem is, even now I'm having trouble getting Omeka up and running. I was able to complete my install but had had permissions issues. I forgot to change the "Archive" directory so that gave me an "exceeds 755" message. Now, when I change the permissions I get something else: "The given destination is no directory or does not exist."
This only happens when I try and attach files. Any thoughts or is SiteGround doing something weird here?
Can you check that you have an /archive/ directory as well as folders within that: /files/, /fullsize/, /square_thumbnails/, and /thumbnails/? The message seems to indicate that they don't exist.
I double-checked and turns out I had set the wrong permissions. Once I changed em' I was able to get into the folder. The sub-folders are all there.
Weird thing is now I'm getting the original 500 error. I've already looked at the permissions and they are done. The whole Archive directory is set to 755.
Not sure if this is going to help but I followed up and checked my error log. It reads:
[Tue Oct 13 18:41:22 2009] [error] [client 173.26.xxx.xx] Premature end of script headers: /home/amillio4/public_html/omeka/omeka-1.0/admin/index.php
A new release of Omeka (1.1) will be released tomorrow, and I think it may fix this problem. Let me know how it works out for you.
Hey Dave. Gave it a try but no dice. Had the exact same message in my error log this time too. Fun in troubleshooting land.
Hi, if your permissions are set to 755, then you should check to make sure that all those directories are owned by the web server user, which differs from server to server. This is the user that runs your PHP processes, so that particular user account is the one that needs access.