I am wondering about a few data entry best practices:
- For fields such as 'Subject' and 'Format' is it best to comma delimit values ("Trunk, Rosemaling, kiste" or "Wood, metal") or put them in separate inputs (use 'Add Input' to create separate input fields)?
- Is it best to include item dimensions in 'Description' ("Dimensions: Height, 8.0 inches Width, 13.25 inches Depth, 7.0 inches") or 'Format' (broken into three fields)?
- Is there a preferred way to specify dimensions ('8" x 13.25" x 7.0"' vs "Dimensions: Height, 8.0 inches Width, 13.25 inches Depth, 7.0 inches")?
- If your items don't have distinct titles (most simply named "trunk") is it best to have several identical titles or embed the Identifier in the title ("Trunk 1977.039.001)).
- Is it a good or a bad idea to use HTML in fields other than Description. (Title: "<h3>Trunk</h3>
Thanks in advance,