CSV Import Plugin error

I've just gotten around to testing the CSV Import plugin on our test installation and seem to be having some problems.

I am able to import the basic metadata without a problem. As soon as I try importing with the column which contains the URL to the file(s), then the import process stops and throws an error. This is what is contained in the error log:

2013-07-22T13:38:24-04:00 ERR (3): [CsvImport][time:Jul 22, 2013 1:38:24 PM][id:5] Stopped import or undo import due to error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7457034 bytes)

Incidentally, 7457034 bytes is the size of the first file.

I've tried upping the PHP memory using memory_limit in my php.ini. I finally just set it to -1 (according to the php docs, this removes the memory limit). Still no luck.

Any thoughts?


Following up on my post above, I reduced the size of the files I was trying to import and the process finally successfully completed. The files were jpg files, originally sized about 6-8MB each.

They upload fine when creating an item manually, just not during the CSV import process.

Hmm...CSV import might be setting its own memory limits someplace. We'll take a look.


I came across this file limit, myself, the other day, when trying to upload a 3 Mb pdf file to an item. All the documentation I have found (for my Ubuntu 12.04 server), said to modify the php.ini file, in: /etc/php5/.
My installation seemed to ignore this change, even after rebooting. I then found another php.ini in : /etc/php5/apache2. Modify the variable “upload_max_filesize” to a limit larger than the filesize you wish to upload, and restart Apache. This fixed the problem for me.
; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
; http://php.net/upload-max-filesize
upload_max_filesize = 5M

(where 5 mb is my new limit)

Sorry - I just realized mladair's problem was with CSV import. My problem was manually attaching a file using admin. I am not sure this is the same problem with CSV import, but it is still worth mentioning that a second php.ini exists, besides the one most of the help sites mention.