I'm attempting to build an automated install of Omeka for our control panel (Plesk). We use a plugin called Installatron which is a pretty nice application vault for control panels and they have an SDK for building packages so I decided to give it a go this weekend.
I need a bit of help getting it put together, namely figuring out exactly what happens when the install is happening so I can see if I can automate it using PHP and the variables I set. Here's where I am so far:
- I can automate the creation of db.ini so that gets setup with no issues
- I can rewrite the sql files in application/core/schema to use the prefix defined in db.ini
- I can run those sql commands to populate the database
- I can remove the install folder when the install is complete
- If necessary I can even modify the files of the install that gets used
Where I'm stuck is that obviously information gets written to the options table and I think I can figure out how to write that. I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I might be missing or even if there's an install script I didn't find when looking through the install. I can set variables from a form that the installer uses to mimic anything being requested from the install form.
So can a dev give me the layman's play by play of exactly what happens after a user fills out the install form and hit's submit, and whether it would be possible to automate some of that?