403 error when running search

Hi,

I am a new and inexperienced Omeka user, just starting to figure things out. I am getting a "403 Forbidden" error when I try to run a search (both in the admin page and the public page). Any ideas as to how I can fix this?
Thanks!
Val

Have you made any changes to Omeka's .htaccess file? Are you able to view other pages in your Omeka site successfully?

Hi John,

Yes, I can view all of the pages, I just can't perform a search. I do not have access to any of the files myself, as I am a work-study student at a university library; for any changes, I have to go through IT.

Here is the site I am working on:

https://omeka.oise.utoronto.ca/

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Val

It appears that, however your system is set up, you're getting the "Forbidden" message on any page that includes a query string (the part after the question mark in the URL).

This is something you'll have to talk to IT about, it seems. Omeka doesn't officially support nginx, the web server it looks like you're using, so I can't really offer much specific advice as to what's gone wrong here. It seems like something that should be relatively easy to fix.

Thanks John! I sent this along to our IT folks, and they were able to fix it in no time. On to the next challenge...