The Omeka administrative panel, or Dashboard, is where you go to manage all of the information in your Omeka installation.
Find the Dashboard by logging into your Omeka site: http://example.com/admin, if your installation is at example.com.
This is the Dashboard:
From the Dashboard you can quickly find tabs on the left side of the Dashboard that act as navigation and take you to the different functions of an Omeka site, including:
- Items: Managing_Items_2.0
- Collections: Managing_Collections_2.0
- Item Types, for adding and editing types and accompanying fields: Managing_Item_Types_2.0
- Tags, for editing, deleting, organizing within the admin side: Managing_Tags_2.0
- Plugins with their own configuration panels have a tab for managing that functionality, such as Exhibit Builder and Simple Pages.
Tabs across the top of the Admin screen, help control plugins, appearance, users, and settings:
- Control general settings for the entire website, Managing_General_Settings_2.0
- Install and configure plugins, Managing_Plugins_2.0
- Manage elements of the public website design, including settings for site navigation and the design themes Managing_Appearance_2.0
- Add, edit, delete site users, Managing_Users_2.0
- Delete element sets (metadata schema), Managing_Element_Sets_2.0
- Adjust security settings for the entire website, Managing_Security_Settings_2.0
- Index your website in Search_Settings_2.0