Interested in hosting an Omeka workshop? Send an email request to email@example.com. We do require travel expenses and an honorarium be paid for a team member to give a workshop.
Building Online Archives for Community Archives with Omeka hosted by the Clayoquot Lives archive project (University of Edinburgh). 19 & 20 September 2016. University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Many THATCamps, The Humanities and Technology Camp unconferences, offer "bootcamp" workshops for a variety of platforms including Omeka. Look for a THATCamp near you.
Videos, lesson plans, and slideshows from Omeka workshops.
Introductions to Omeka
- Omeka and Digital Archives (HASTAC Scholars Digital Collections Webinar), Jim McGrath, February 20, 2015.
- Introduction to Omeka Lesson Plan, Amanda French, November 12, 2013.
Working with Omeka
- Omeka Tutorials for middle-level Omeka users working on their own installations, from the American Antiquarian Society.
- Omeka and Neatline Mapping Tutorials from The Haskins Society. There are two tutorials: 1. Getting Familiar with Omeka, designed to help cultivate a basic understanding of Omeka using only free tools and server space; 2. Creating an Annotated Historical Map Using Omeka Neatline, intended to walk users through the steps required to create an interactive map.
Teaching with Omeka
- Omeka in the Classroom. Andrew Torget of UNT gives a TxDHC webinar on "Using Omeka in the Classroom: Lessons Learned from Having Undergraduates Build an Online Civil Rights Museum." Approx 50 minutes.
- Digital Tools in The Classroom: Omeka Workshop (Northeastern University) (slides), Dave DeCamp, Jim McGrath, and Amanda Rust. November 17 2014.
Hosting an Omeka workshop? Use this form to have it included on this page.