Omeka 2.3.1 is the first maintenance release for version 2.3. It was released on August 27, 2015.
- It is now possible to view tags assigned to zero records in the admin interface for tags
- The item shortcodes now allow filtering by item type (#668).
- Invalid strings are now handled more gracefully when using PHP 5.4 or newer
- The full set of available filters for Items are now available for use in the API
- The ExternalImageMagick and Imagick file derivative strategies now have a
autoOrientoption to automatically fix the orientation of images that have an embedded orientation flag.
- An error occurred when adding tags differing only in trailing spaces
- Sessions containing invalid UTF-8 text data could be dropped or truncated
- Invalid element text records could cause nonsensical API output
- Element texts could be duplicated if a record was saved more than once in a single request
- The linkToMetadata option for file_markup could cause a PHP notice
- The Imagick derivative strategy handled images with layers and transparency improperly
- The Mixin_ElementText::getAllElementTextsByElement function introduced in 2.3 did not work correctly (#662, fix contributed by Daniel Berthereau)
- There was a typo in the admin interface (#664, fix contributed by Zach Ploskey)
- PHP's error reporting level is now set the same regardless of the "environment" setting
- New translation for Latvian (lv_LV)
- Updates for Czech (cs), Estonian (et), Italian (it), Dutch (nl_NL), Polish (pl), Swedish (sv_SE), and Turkish (tr_TR).
- Thanks, Roy 2.3.1 (fixed a problem with site logos not showing correctly on item pages)
- Exhibit Builder 3.2.1 (fixed a problem that sometimes prevented exhibits from being deleted, updated translations)
- Simple Pages 3.0.6 (updated translations)