Omeka 1.5 was released on February 7, 2012.
- Internationalization: Users can now choose a language and locale to display the interface in. This affects the displayed text and formatting of other data like system-generated dates.
- Media Extension Awareness: File extensions are now used as a fallback to determine how files should be displayed if the MIME type is incorrect or not detected.
- File Ordering: Users can now reorder files within an item without re-uploading.
- Files form doesn't automatically print extra element sets (#34)
- Item Type controller shows a "has encountered an error" page instead of a flash error (#70)
- "Uninstall" button is enabled for plugins that need to be upgraded (#82)
- "Add User" form lets you pick Active/Inactive (#89)
- Retry when HTTP errors occur for S3 (#94)
- Certain fields for collections should allow null (#95)
- Incorrect URL building in collections/index/page/n (#96)
- has_permission always returns false if you're not logged in (#99)
- New item types with duplicate names override the original description (#125)
- The plugins page no longer warns about plugins that haven't been tested up to the current Omeka version.
- Early errors that occur when starting Omeka are now logged to the PHP log.
- The new Omeka_Plugin_Abstract class gives developers an optional framework to simplify class-based plugins.
- Plugin-added element sets can apply to specific record types.
- Zend Framework 1.11.11
- jQuery 1.7.1
- jQuery UI 1.8.16
- TinyMCE 3.4.7-jQuery
- __() (Translation function)