About Html Purifier
The Html Purifier plugin comes pre-loaded with your Omeka installation. It protects Omeka from cross-site scripting attacks (XSS) by filtering HTML/XHTML using the HTML Purifier library. This is a non-required plugin, but highly suggested whenever allowing data to be sent through public-facing forms.
- Go to the /admin/plugins page and click the Install button.
- Once installed, please click Configure to finish setting up the plugin.
- By default, the plugin only purifies HTML code coming in from the public interfaces. If you wish to pull out simple HTML code from your administrative forms (such as when adding items or building exhibits), check off the first box.
- You may also specify which HTML elements to allow in administrative and public forms.
- Save all configurations by clicking the Save Changes button.