About Guest User
The Guest User plugin adds an additional user role to your Omeka site. The Guest role works behind the scenes with other plugins (Commenting, and User Profiles, for example), without giving the guests admin access to your Omeka site.
There is a screencast which demonstrates the use of Guest User in conjunction with Contribution.
Install and Configure
After installing the plugin, you should be automatically redirected to the configuration settings for the plugin. You can access these again at any time by clicking the Configure button for Guest User from the Plugins menu.
You can enter text for the following fields:
- Registration Features: this text will appear at the top of the registration page. You can use it to explain what users are signing up to do, and what the limitations may be.
- Short Registration Features: brief text appearing as a dropdown from the user bar.
- Dashboard Label: By default, this is "My Account" and will appear when the user is logged in.
- Login Text: What is displayed for the login button, defaults to Login.
- Register Text: What is displayed for the Register link, defaults to Register.
There are also two checkboxes:
- Allow open registration to allow individuals to register without administrators approving their accounts.
- Allow instant access enables new users to access their accounts for 20 minutes after registering without administrator approval.
If you have ReCaptcha enabled, you can require a ReCaptcha key for registration.
Using the Plugin
Once Guest User is installed and activated, you can manage the guest users by going to the Guest Users tab on the left-hand side navigation on your admin dashboard, below Items, Collections, etc.
Clicking on this tab will bring you to a Browse Users page, with a table of all guest users. The table displays the guest user ID, Username, Real Name, Email, and Role. There are also options to search users by username, real name, email address.
To edit a guest user, click the Edit text button below their username. The options presented will be very similar to the normal options for managing Omeka users. There are three tabs on the Edit Guest User page: General, Change Password, and API keys.
Under General you can:
- change the Username
- change the Display Name
- update the user’s Email
- change the Role that the guest user has (not recommended)
- mark the user active or inactive.
The Change Password tab requires you to enter the new password twice but does not require that you know the current password for that user.
You can delete a guest user either by clicking the Delete text button under their username, or by clicking Edit and the Delete.