Below are also a few suggestions for low-cost shared web hosts that offer the server environment required for Omeka.
- Reclaim Hosting: http://reclaimhosting.com/ offers one-click Omeka installation, with support for other open-source software platforms.
Others follow in alphabetical order:
- Academic AMIs on Amazon: http://academicami.org/
- AcuGIS: http://www.acugis.com/
- BlueHost: http://bluehost.com/
- BlueHost offers free and discounted web hosting for faculty and students at https://www.bluehost.com/spoke
- Cultural Hosting: https://culturalhosting.com bilingual hosting for cultural heritage organizations, based in Spain.
- DreamHost: http://dreamhost.com/ -- one-click install
- Dreamhost also has a free web hosting plan for US-based 501(c)(3) organizations. See http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Non-profit_Discount
- HostGator: http://hostgator.com is a good host for Omeka training and for granting student access to Omeka installations, since it allows you to create individual FTP accounts that others can use.
- JumpBox, a service that simplifies the process of installing open source software. JumpBox gives you the option to run a virtual machine locally on your Windows/Mac/Linux personal computer, or to purchase website hosting that includes Omeka already installed.
- Reclaim Hosting http://reclaimhosting.com : Free web hosting for academics with a one-click Omeka installer.
- RexaHost: http://hexahost.com offers installation of Omeka through Softaculous.
- RoseHosting https://www.rosehosting.com/offers installation of Omeka through Softaculous.
- Softaculous AMPPS http://www.ampps.com/
- TMD Hosting: https://www.tmdhosting.com
- Webfaction: http://webfaction.com/
- Webuzo http://webuzo.com/apps/educational/Omeka has a virtual appliance to run Omeka.
Users have reported difficulty with the following shared web hosts: